1. Salt baths. It is common that we experience fatigue and/or unhealthy emotions during the full moon period. This period extends for 5 days. The day of the full moon, two days before and two days after. To maintain vital energy levels (and inner peace), it is recommended to take a bath or shower in 2 cups-2 pounds of table salt. Table salt has green prana in it which is dissolves dirty energy. This will result in improved energy levels and better emotional health. For anyone experience stress or unpleasant emotions, adding 10-15 drops of Lavender oil is very beneficial. Practicing purification before meditation will allow your system to absorb more energy.
2. Meditate in a group of 3 or more. The downpour of energy that is available to you in group meditation is far greater than if you are on your own. For example, when we meditate in a group of 7, it is the equivalent to 100 people meditating individually. This can also be done by ‘tuning’ in with a group meditation online. By joining a group you will also have more energy available for the following step.
3. Service & Blessing. While meditating during the full moon period, we can generate a tremendous amount of energy. Your system can only absorb so much at one time. With the excess energy generated make sure to direct the blessings to the following:
- the Earth, or any specific countries or people in need. Is there any places of political unrest, war, natural disasters that could use the extra blessings?
- your friends, family members and loved ones, business associates etc. Send energy to those who have hurt you in the past. Bless those in need of financial healing, good physical health, spirituality, harmonious relationships.
-your finances, health etc.
-any goals or projects. This a wonderful time for charging these up.
Directing excess energy is easy. Keep in mind we’re not using our own energy. Rather we are using the energy coming down through us. You can focus this energy by raising your hands to chest level, palms facing outwards. Make sure the elbows are slightly bent and there is a space in the armpits. Allow the energy to flow down through you, then out through your hands to whomever or whatever could use the extra help. Blessing is a great way to help improve the lives of others, but the key is, it has to be done consistently.
4. Be neutral, if you do notice that any negative thoughts, emotions or conflict is coming up in your life during the full moon period, take note. Chances are its something that needs some attention and possible healing. Keep in mind, you are not the thoughts, emotions or negative habits. The Full Moon is good at amplifying these qualities with us, so use this period as a time of opportunity for your own growth and development.
5. Rest and take care of your physical body. The energy coming down at the time of the full moon can be very strong. For your body to handle the energy during meditation it needs to be in good health and physically fit. The stronger the body the better able to handle greater amounts of energy. Exercise, drink of lots of water, eat fresh food. Never underestimate these basic principles. They are important building blocks for our spiritual development.
Enjoy the full moon! Let it be a time of opportunity and make sure to use the energy to improve the quality of your life and others. Blessings!